Are the pests in your garden really bugging you? Keep in mind these pest control tips and keep those pests away your lovely garden.
Having your own garden has tons of benefits for the whole household. It provides oxygen for the lungs and brings a steady supply of fruits, herbs, flowers, and vegetables for the family. Moreover, the green color not only livens up a dull home, but is good for the eyesight as well.
However, along with the benefits, a garden brings with it pests! And these pests come in different shapes, sizes, and forms including worms, aphids, and mosquitoes to name a few. These pests may be very bugging, but do not let them stop you from having and keeping your own garden. The following are some helpful tips to keep those pests away from your lovely garden.
- To increase the circulation of air, prune the plants regularly.
- Inspect each leaf for pests regularly and remove the affected area to prevent damaging the plant further.
- Trim the grass of your garden regularly.
- If possible, plant pepper and marigold flowers because these plants are natural pest repellants.
- To prevent the growth of molds and the breeding of mosquitoes, get rid of any stagnant water. Don’t put containers where water can be collected.
- If you happen to have a small pond in your garden, place some colorful fishes such as kois. Colorful fishes will not only add color and drama to your garden, but will eat the larvae and eggs of most insects, as well.
- To get rid of unwanted larvae eggs, make sure to let the pond water overflow once in a while.
- As much as possible, do not use pesticides. It will only cause damage to you and your plants when used improperly.
- Use natural insect repellants such as mild chili mixture that emits a strong odor, warding off insects.
These are some of the effective ways in doing pest control. Remember, prevention is always better than cure and when it comes to the health and safety of your family, nothing should ever come first.